Last week was a warm up exercise… we’re turning it up a notch this week!
Week 2: Scones
These melt-in-your mouth scones are heavenly, bitesized chunks meant to create cravings.
Having learnt from Nadiya Bakes that yogurt is the ingredient that creates a tangy flavour and keeps your bakes moist, I for one am looking forward to making these!
Now I’d like to say this recipe is about foolproof but feel free to prove us wrong!
Have a try and let us know how many you eat in one sitting…
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl add in your cake flour with baking powder and icing sugar. Slice your butter into small chunks and throw into the powdered ingredients.
- Time to get that elbow grease in! Mix and form into a crumbly dough with your hands.
- In a separate bowl beat one egg. Add in your milk and yogurt, stirring well. Add in the vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crumbly dough and mix again! Note: There is no need for kneading today!
- Once the dough is formed, sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface and flatten your dough against it.
- Now the fun part – using a scone cutter (or any shaped cutter) lay out your shapes onto a lined baking tray.
- Brush the top of each scone shape with egg, and voila! Time to bake in the oven.
- Keep a close eye on the scones as we’re relying on you to make the call and pull them out once golden brown.